Add Waitlist to Activities/Special Events

Posted 6 months ago by Abe Christian

Post a topic
Un Answered
A
Abe Christian

Hello,

The Meetup system, basically the alternative to our users working with your GD system, offers a waitlist, like you have for normal Volunteer Events. It would be great if you included the waitlist along with the RSVP for all Activities/Special Events.

Thanks,

Abe

0 Votes

3 Comments

Sorted by
K

KJ Weaver posted 5 months ago Admin

Hey Abe,

I appreciate you clarifying this for me! I want to make sure I'm passing the right idea along to our Enhancement team for consideration. Would the suggestion be something like, " Have Events have the same functionality as Needs in relation to RSVPs, limits, and waitlist notifications." 

I look forward to hearing from you and collaborating with you!

With gratitude,

KJ

0 Votes

A

Abe Christian posted 5 months ago

Needs works well enough, however, all the verbiage is geared towards it being a volunteer sign up. The Events on the other hand is a sign up for an activity or special event. Not all of those are unlimited sign up. As you have in the system a RSVP and a limit on how many can sign up. However, you do not offer a solution that allows for those who canceled to be replaced by someone on a waitlist. The same logic applies as is used with the Needs, people cancel, and it would be nice to allow a user the option to be notified when a spot opens up. 

1 Votes

K

KJ Weaver posted 5 months ago Admin

Hi Abe,

I appreciate you sending you in your request. I want to make sure that I completely understand what's going on before I go ahead and send your request to our enhancement team!

Events are more like a bulletin board to gather interest and don't include a waitlist. Needs, on the other hand, offer a waitlist if it is at capacity! Is there a function within Needs that does not include what you need to make this happen?

I hope you're having a great day,

KJ

0 Votes

Login or Sign up to post a comment